The term “APL Media Limited” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 30 City Road, London EC1Y 2AB. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without APL Media Limited’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Promotion and Competition Terms & Conditions
2. Employees and agents of APL Media Limited (APL) or any company connected with the production or distribution of a promotion or any of their associated companies are not eligible to take part in the applicable promotion, nor are their relatives or members of their families or households. Unless expressly stated for a particular promotion, promotions are restricted to residents of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man aged 18 years or over. Proof of eligibility must be provided on request. Written parental/guardian consent is required where a promotion states that participants may be under the age of 18.
3. Failure to claim a gift, prize or other promotional item by the time or in the manner specified for the particular promotion will make any claim invalid. No responsibility is accepted for entries damaged, lost or mislaid and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery. No applications will be accepted by agents, in bulk or from third parties.
4. The determination and decision of the publishers of the magazine (the “Publishers”) on all matters shall be final and no promotional correspondence will be entered into. The Publishers reserve the right in their reasonable discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the promotion and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) in the magazine, this website, any game cards and/or other printed materials) or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond APL’s reasonable control.
5. Gifts, prizes and other promotional items are not transferable, may not be re-sold and are subject to availability. The Publishers reserve the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any such gift, prize or item with a gift, prize or item of equal value.
6. APL accept no liability for any promotion by a third party and such third party is responsible for the fulfilment of its promotion.
7. In the event of there being more claims than prizes available in any category, and subject to the provisions of rules 4 and 9, the names of the valid claimants will go into a draw for those prizes.
8. All entries (including but not limited to entries via game cards/other promotional devices) must be made available if requested for the checking or verification of any claim.
9. A promotion, or specific game cards/promotional devices, may be declared as void by the Publishers if game cards/promotional devices contain a printing error, or involve a production or distribution error, of any kind. Game cards or other promotional devices found to be mutilated, illegible, altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with in any way will also be declared void by the Publishers. Photocopies will not be accepted. The promotion may also be declared void should a printing or production error in connection with the promotion appear in the magazine or on this website.
10. Publicity may be given to promotion winners and winners’ names and images may be published in the magazine and on this website and other website(s) relating to the promotion. Winners must co-operate fully for publicity purposes if so required.
11. Winners will be notified within 28 days of the relevant closing date and names of winners of major promotions are available by sending an SAE to the address published up to one month after the closing date.
12. No purchase of any kind is necessary for free prize draws. Follow the directions and any terms and conditions for the relevant promotion as published in the magazine or on this website.
13. Prizes, gifts and other promotional items are as described in the magazine or on this website. Winners/claimants of holidays are responsible for ensuring that they and any partners hold valid passports and any necessary visas or other necessary travel documentation for the trip in question. Unless otherwise stated, insurance and travel to and from airports is excluded. Winners/claimants of vehicle prizes must hold valid driving licences prior to driving.
14. All competition entrants can opt out of marketing materials by ticking the appropriate box on the online form. Alternatively send an email to APL [email@example.com] with the words UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject.
15. National Geographic Traveller Your Pictures Competitions:
The current theme of the competition is that which is published in the Your Pictures pages of the most recent issue of National Geographic Traveller (UK), and on the entry form, which is available at http://natgeotraveller.co.uk/photography/your-pictures. The prize is that which is published in the In Pictures section of the most recent issue of National Geographic Traveller (UK) and on the entry form, which is available at http://natgeotraveller.co.uk/photography/your-pictures. The prize has no cash value and is non-transferable and non-refundable. The judge of the competition is Chris Hudson, Art Editor of National Geographic Traveller (UK). The judge’s decision is final. One entry per person. Only entries submitted using the entry form on the Your Pictures page of the National Geographic Traveller (UK) website will be accepted (http://natgeotraveller.co.uk/photography/your-pictures). All submissions must be the entrant’s own work, and they must own the copyright to the images. By entering you agree that your image may be published in the next issue of the National Geographic Traveller (UK), on the National Geographic Traveller (UK) website, and on the National Geographic Traveller (UK) social media pages. Publicity may be given to the winning image by the prize provider. By entering, you agree to allow your image to be used by the prize provider for publicity related to the competition. Winners must co-operate fully for publicity purposes if so required. Winners will be notified by email within 28 days of closing and details of the competition winners will be published in the next issue of National Geographic Traveller (UK). The competition is not open to employees or associates of APL Media Limited, the prize provider or anyone connected with the administration of the competition, or their families. The promoter is APL Media Limited, Unit 310, Highgate Studios, 53-79 Highgate Road, London NW5 1TL.
Website & newsletter privacy rules
Company number: Company No: 3393234 VAT: 701391176
Registered Office: 30 City Road, London EC1Y 2AB.
Any information stored by us is covered by the Data Protection Act 1998 (more information is available at www.ico.gov.uk).
What We Use Your Information For
APL Media Limited will use the information which we collect from this website and via our email campaigns (eblasts) to provide you with any services you have requested of us. We may also from time to time use your contact details to send you information about other services and products provided by APL Media Limited and its partners. Any aggregate user information which we collect from this website will be used for the purpose of statistics and will not contain any personally identifying information.
We will not disclose your information to third parties without your consent, except when:
We need to send the information to companies who work on our behalf to provide a product or service to you; (unless stated otherwise, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us); or
We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested; or
We respond to any legitimate request by authorities with which we must comply or legal process.
If you wish to unsubscribe from any of our services, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to Your Data
You may request, at any time, a copy of the information we hold on you by writing to email@example.com. You can also make changes to the information we hold by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hertz Family Reader Offer Terms & Conditions
-Reservations must be made at least 24 hours prior to vehicle pickup, using CPD number 758674
-Customers must book and rent before 15 December 2015
-Minimum rental period is 3 days.
-Offer applies to all vehicle groups Minimum rental age is 25 (exceptions apply). Hertz standard rental qualifications, rental period and return restrictions apply.
-Hertz standard driver and credit qualifications for the rental locations apply.
-Blackout periods may apply.
-Taxes, tax reimbursement, governmental surcharges, and optional services, such as refuelling, may be extra.
-This offer has no cash value and may not be combined with any other offer, discount, coupon or promotion.
-Offer does not apply to travel industry rate rentals, wholesale tour packages, insurance/dealer replacement, or any other promotional rate or group travel rentals.
-Hertz reserves the right to withdraw this offer without prior notice